Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Back in the dark ages before the Internet and development of the personal computer, I began my saga of interpreting the I Ching with a set of black and white woodcuts integrating the use of astrology symbols with the images for the trigrams


Back in the dark ages before the Internet and development of the personal computer, I began my saga of interpreting the I Ching with a set of black and white woodcuts integrating the use of astrology symbols with the images for the trigrams. I made 64 prints, one for each hexagram. I laminated them onto canvasses and strung together to hang in a large wall construction. I also made two sets of these prints on rice paper and hand bound them into books, 16" X 20 in size and after that I made a similar set in color. Next I translated these designs into large acrylic paintings 36” X 48. I exhibited these works in an exhibition in the Greenwich library, Greenwich, Connecticut in 1972.

No comments:

Post a Comment