Friday, April 5, 2013

The effect of creating illustrations for interpreting the meaning makes the experience of the I Ching more intense


The effect of creating illustrations for interpreting the meaning makes the experience of the I Ching more intense. As I live with a hexagram for a long time I become aware of the organic movement within the six lines contained within each situation. This process led me to the idea of choosing
a situation for I Ching guidance rather than to only rely on the synchronistic method. I have read  a number of I Ching articles on how to use the I Ching where the writer says to read only the  lines that are changing for guidance. So I'm proposing a concept here with  a different approach that goes against the traditional directions for consulting the I Ching. To give an example of the organic movement from one phase to another within the changing lines, I have included at the end of the book an example that shows the development of movement within hexagram 10, Treading, excerpted from I Ching Meditations



No comments:

Post a Comment